Skip to main content

Here We Go!

I delayed even writing anything past the first post on this blog. Not because I don't love blogging or have ideas rolling around in my head constantly; but because I wasn't sure where this whole "Wife of Grace" idea was supposed to go. I wasn't sure how to get it off the ground. 

But I've learned a lot during my time as a network marketer, and the thing is that you can collect all the information you want, but if you never IMPLEMENT that information you won't get anywhere. So regardless of where I am mentally with this, I'm committing to moving forward and letting God show me the way. He placed this idea...this concept in my heart, and He alone will make a way for it to be all that He intends for it to be. 

Lets answer the pressing question today: 

What does Wife of Grace mean or stand for?

I started this as a way to promote marriage God's way. Because truthfully, the world doesn't see marriage the way God wants us to see marriage. As this idea evolved though, I realized that I had more than just marriage advice to offer. There are so many GREAT marriage blogs and podcasts out there. (I'll link some of my favorites at the end.) But there aren't many women blogging about how to be a godly wife. What does being a godly wife look like? What does it mean to be Faithful when you don't feel like it. This blog is for women who are in the trenches battling for their marriage, their lives, and just to get out of bed each day. This blog is for moms who want to lead their children in the way God would have them go (Proverbs 22:6). This is for women who are hoping to be married one day - I hope the information you find here prepares you. 

Wife of Grace is about being a woman of God. Being faithful during the hardships. Praising Him on the mountain tops, and leaning into Him in the valleys; because He is the same God in both places. Wife of Grace is about extending the same grace God extended to us. We didn't deserve to have Jesus die in our place, but God sent His only son anyway. That is GRACE at its finest. And if Jesus could love us while we were so undeserving, then we should strive to love the people around us with that kind of love. Being a wife of grace is about starting in our homes and then working our way out into the world. Being a wife of grace is remembering that your family is and always should be your first ministry. 

Here's to taking this journey together. Because, friends, it is a journey. Its committing to getting up every day and not competing with the girl next door, but comparing yourself to the you of yesterday. This is a walk, not a run. We go slow so God can make lasting, transformative changes in our lives and the lives of our families. It starts with you, though. Will you commit to being a wife of grace & making the changes inside of you so that Jesus can pour out his love through you?

If you're taking that walk, then make sure you subscribe to this blog and follow @wifeofgrace on IG!


If you're looking for a marriage podcast, my favorites are: 

The Naked Marriage with Dave and Ashley Willis

Fierce Marriage with Ryan and Selena Fredrick

Marriage after God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Go to Bed Mad

I'm giving you permission here: Go to bed mad. Its okay.  We've all heard the adage "Don't go to bed mad". And in most Christian circles that is fueled by Ephesians 4:26, "Be angry and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger" (CSB). For most people the idea is that if you go to bed angry you're just brushing it under the rug and forgetting about this issue at hand. And I get it. As humans we want to solve problems, and we want them solved quickly. But not everything is solvable.  Early on in our marriage, Justin and I would stay up all night long going in circles of arguments because we didn't want to go to bed angry. There were so many tired nights that we got nothing accomplished whatsoever because we were too tired to thoughtfully consider the other person's point of view.  Here's what I'm NOT saying:  I'm not saying that you need to brush your problems under the rug and just move on.  What I am saying is that ther...